Notice to Product Users
Car-O-Liner products are intended for use by workshops/organizations and are often administered to you by your organization. Your use of Car-O-Liner products may be subject to your organization's policies, if any. If your organization is administering your use of the Car-O-Liner products, please direct your privacy inquiries to your administrator.
Car-O-Liner is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
List of Car-O-Liner, Josam and TruckCam (Car-O-Liner trademarks) products valid for this notice:
Point to point measuring systems:
- Car-O-Mech Vision
- Car-O-Soft Classic
- Car-O-Liner Vision
- Car-O-Liner Vision2 X1/X2/X3
- Car-O-Liner Vision2 PointX
- Handling of licenses, datasheets, customers etc:
- Josam Homebase
- Josam Camaligner
The following extraction of the GDPR paragraph in Car-O-Liner Group AB and Car-O-Liner Commercial AB (named [COMPANY] below) latest Software License agreement applies for all distributors/customers using Car-O-Liner, Josam and TruckCam products listed above and by that complies to GDPR, valid from May 25, 2018 throughout Europe:
“7. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
7.1 The Customer agrees that [COMPANY] may collect and use technical information gathered from a Client in order to facilitate the functionality and identify support needs of the Program as well as improve the Program and to verify compliance with the terms of this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, for the purposes of gaining a better understanding of how Customer's Use the Program, [COMPANY] may, track end-user actions and record or report them over the Internet to a central analytics database. To the extent that this information constitutes Personal Data, [COMPANY] shall be the controller of such Personal Data.
7.2 The Parties acknowledge that [COMPANY] processes Personal Data for the purposes set out in Section 7.1 based on [COMPANY]’s legitimate interest in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. Both parties shall at all times comply with applicable data protection laws and regulations for the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of Personal Data. Customer acknowledges that [COMPANY] processes end-users Personal Data as set forth in the applicable data security and privacy policies of [COMPANY] that are provided by [COMPANY] to Customer from time to time.
7.3 In relation to processing of end-users Personal Data for the purposes specified above (i.e. where [COMPANY] is the controller of Personal Data), Customer undertakes to ensure that all data subjects are provided with adequate information. The Customer shall indemnify [COMPANY] for any and all damages due to non-compliance with this Section 7”
In the event of a conflict between this notice and the terms of any agreement(s) between a customer and Car-O-Liner Products, the terms of those agreement(s) will control.
Car-O-Liner proposed product Password policy
The following is the Car-O-Liners proposed password policy to be used when registration of/setting/changing passwords for Car-O-Liner products to be compliant with GDPR standard:
Users must choose passwords that are difficult to guess. This means that passwords must not be related to a user's job or personal life.
- For example, a car license plate number, a spouse's name, child's birthday, or fragments of an address must not be used. This also means passwords must not be a word from a dictionary, in any language.
- For example, do not use proper names, places, technical terms, or slang. Where this type of systems software or configuration is available, users must be prevented from selecting easily guessed passwords, i.e. passwords which do not meet the criteria of this policy.
Passwords should abide by the following guidelines:
- Passwords must not be written down and left in a place where unauthorized persons might discover them
- Passwords must never be shared or revealed to anyone else besides the authorized user
- Passwords must be different from passwords used for personal systems
- Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters in length
- Passwords should not contain significant portions of the user's account name or full name
- Passwords must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)